SINT MAARTEN (SIMPSON BAY) - “It’s time for us to wake up; stand up; and unapologetically be the leaders that God has called us to be. There is a paradigm shift from an old world regime: capitalism, “Me, myself and I,” says Sheryl Grant, founder of Sheryl Grant Enterprises which focuses on supporting and empowering underrepresented business leaders and entrepreneurs.
She passionately continued, “The new world is the digital world and the new cultural currency or new money is called community. As the African Proverb says, ‘If you want to go fast, go alone; but if you want to go far you go together.’ It’s time for us to join together to leverage, help build and inspire each other and do what’s best for our community and our future. Stand up to the world and show them who we really are,” she told participants at the recently held Victorious Living Leadership Summit 2020.
Participants were treated to two days of inspiring speakers, transformational and thought provoking content, and an impactful virtual conference through the gracious partnership of Simpson Bay Resort which provided the Internet streaming. VLF Leadership Summit comprised an impressive roster of other local, regional and international speakers including:
- Dorothy Richardson, a local educator of fifty years, positively disrupting education.
- Dr. Tasheena Maccow Thomas of Teezan Health and Wellness Center.
- Denicio Wyatte, Director of Spaceless Gardens, who spoke passionately on “Agriculture being the pillar of life” which transformed his own life.
- Dianne Sagnia of the Artist House who helped participants to learn to dream again.
- Janelle Chase-Mayers, MA, Creative and Systemic Therapist & master facilitator who shared “Mental, Physical & Spiritual Self-care Strategies.”
- H.E. UN Peace Ambassador Dr. Andre Thomas, political strategist, entrepreneur, and prolific author who spoke on the importance of visionary leadership to provide solutions to our times.
- Chinwe Esimai, an award-winning lawyer, author, and speaker; and the first person to hold the title of Chief Anti-Bribery Officer at Citigroup, the 4th largestretail bank in the USA.
- Dr. Johannes Fisslinger of Lifestyle Prescriptions® Medicine University & author of The 6 Root Causes of All Symptoms who helped persons identify the root causes of their dis-ease.
- Sheeba Forbes, the Founder and Executive Director of MaP Forward Inc.
- John W. Beiter, Ph.D., who spoke on the Six universal laws to change your life.
- David Campbell, a Life Purpose and Relationship Master Coach who specializes in men's issues who shared on “Understanding the importance of Kingship & Legacy.”
- Sarian Bouma, an accomplished successful businesswoman of an award winning multi Million Dollar corporation in the USA provided powerful tips, business ideas and strategies that anyone could use to start a business with little or no money!”
Moderator, Andre Huie, a journalist for 20 years who received two Jennifer Jones Health Journalism Media Awards; and Coach Dave Rogers, who brings a global perspective to his presentations weaving personal stories from his experience of managing a billion USD ++ portfolio in over twenty countries around the world, summarized the rich content shared by the speakers and provided key take-aways.
Realtor Kirsy Richardson captured the sentiments of the participants as she wrote: “Thank you Dr. Nicole Francis-Cotton and Mr. Roy Cotton, Jr. for your dedication to developing others and influencing your society in such a positive way. Every presentation has been educational, motivational, inspiring!! All the Speakers were dynamic and encouraging; providing a wealth of information and strategy!! It's been an awesome 2 day journey; looking forward to implementing and seeing what next year has in store!! God Bless!!”
Dorothy Richardson, a local educator of fifty years.
Dr. Johannes Fisslinger
Moderator, Andre Huie