PHILIPSBURG - The St. Maarten National Basketball Association will be hosting its 2nd Annual SXMNBA Business Basketball Tournament and is requesting all businesses interested in taking part in this year’s event to confirm participation by Wednesday October 23rd, 2019 this can be done via email.
Participating businesses should provide the following to the SXMNBA: 1) Company name 2) Team name 3) Company logo.
By November 1st, 2019 a full schedule will be sent out to all businesses taking part.
- $250.00 (ANG 450.00) Registration Fee.
- Only company employees are allowed to take part.
(Two (2) companies can merge to make one (1) team)
(Minimum eight (8) players per team) (Male(s) and Female(s)
- Two (2) non-company employees are allowed to take part only if necessary, to form the minimum of eight (8) players.
(The SXMNBA must be informed who are non-company employees.)
- One (1) company banner minimum will be allowed.
(Company banner(s) will be hanged around the court)
- Each game will consist of two (2) twenty (20) minute halves (Running Time).
- Time will only stop for free throws, timeouts (30 seconds), and the final two (2) minutes in each half.
Semi-Finals and Finals will be played as follows:
- 1st place will play 4th place and 2nd place will play 3rd place
- Winners will go on to play for 1st and 2nd place, Losers will go on to play for 3rd and 4th.
The SXMNBA will be marketing all games via our social media accounts, flyers, posters, billboards, newspapers, radio, social media, and all games will be streamed live.
The vision of St. Maarten National Basketball Association (SXMNBA) is to provide an environment to develop basketball & our athletes. Our philosophy is instructional, competitive, and developmental and promotes self-¬‐discipline, group cooperation, good sportsmanship and having fun while doing it.
“We however are fully aware that this is not possible without the assistance and support of all stakeholders, to ensure that our programs are sustainable and produce results we are also looking for volunteers and sponsorship partners who are interested in assisting with our different activities throughout the year to guarantee that the objectives of SXMNBA are achieved,” the sports organization said in a statement over the weekend.