CAY HILL - The National Institute for Professional Advancement (NIPA) study allowance application period has begun and students who meet the criteria are encouraged to apply by January 31, 2018. The requirements are as followed:
- - 17-25 years old
- - In possession of the Dutch Nationality
- - Registered at the Civil registry for at least five (5) years preceding the request
The following required documents are required:
- Proof of Dutch nationality or copy of passport
- A Detailed registration form from Civil registry (not older than 3 months)
- A valid health certificate
- Declaration of 2016 parental/personal income
- Proof of enrollment at NIPA
The Studying in the region (SIDR) financing application period is now open. the ‘Studying in the Region’ is a project financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science (OCW).
The main objective of this project is to provide eligible candidates who do (did) not meet the academic- or residency requirements to obtain regular study financing, the opportunity to qualify for funding for maximum two (2) years to start pursuing a study at tertiary level education institutions in the region (America, Canada, St. Maarten and Caribbean Islands).
Candidates are required to transition to regular study financing after 1-2 years to complete their studies.
Persons desirous of receiving SIDR study financing are hereby invited to apply.
- Go to www.studyfinancing.sx and click on SIDR Project
- Read the terms and conditions
- Fill in the online application form
- Save, Print and sign the application form
- Submit the completed application form and the following required documents:
- Proof registration Civil Registry
- Declaration of 2016 taxable income (personal and/or parental)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of residence permit (If applicable) and Proof of application for Dutch Nationality or proof of payment for the naturalization exams
- High school Diploma and other relevant diploma’s (If applicable)
- Most recent transcript or grades
- Student Visa (if applicable)
Please note that:
- The area of study must be on the 2017 Government of St. Maarten priority list of studies
- Applicants must be:
- o Older than 17 years
- o In possession of the Dutch nationality or a permanent resident for minimum 5 years prior to this request
- o Have been admitted to educational institution for Fall 2017 or Spring 2018
All the above-mentioned documents must be handed in at the office of the Division of Study Financing located at N. De Brotstraat #3, Vlaun Building, (Opposite the Post Office) from Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:00 before September 29, 2017.
Please note that no applications will be accepted after this date and that only applications with all required documents will be accepted.